Graceland Auctions has announced that its third auction of rare and authentic Elvis Presley artifacts and memorabilia will be held during Elvis Week 2015, featuring an impressive 174 lots, making it the largest and most comprehensive auction yet held on the grounds of Graceland. The Auction at Graceland will take place in the Graceland Archives Studio on Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT. On-line bidding will begin on July 27, 2015 at GracelandAuctions.com. Click here to register to participate in the auction.
Elvis touched the hearts and lives of fans across the globe, and our goal for the Elvis Week 2015 Auction at Graceland was to include artifacts from across the spectrum of collecting, including items owned by Elvis, gifted by Elvis, written by Elvis, used by Elvis and created to promote the king and his career. Whether you are looking for a stage-worn jumpsuit or a piece of 1950’s merchandising, a historical document or a rare test pressing, a TCB necklace or a movie artifact, this auction has something for you.
Some of the highlights include:
- Elvis Presley Light Blue “Starburst” Jumpsuit worn during 1973 at the Las Vegas Hilton and other concerts (Estimated $100,000-150,000)
- Elvis Presley “Viva Las Vegas” Jacket worn in dance scene with Ann-Margret (Estimated $30,000-50,000)
- Million Dollar Quartet Signed Guitar with Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis signatures (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- “TCB” Diamond and Gold Necklace gifted to Sammy Davis Jr. by Elvis Presley (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- 1956 Elvis Presley Double-Signed Transfer Agreement moving 15 Songs to Gladys Music (Estimated $20,000-30,000)
- Elvis Presley Owned and Worn Gold Owl-Shaped Ring gifted to a fan from the stage (Estimated $15,000-20,000)
- 1969 Elvis Presley Handwritten Signed Letter to Gary Pepper discussing the inaugural show at the International Hotel (Estimated $10,000-15,000)
- Elvis Presley Signed Shirt from his personal wardrobe provided as the Grand Prize in a 1973 Boy Scout raffle (Estimated $8,000-12,000)
- 1968 Elvis Presley Film-Worn Jacket from “Live a Little, Love a Little” (Estimated $7,000-10,000)
- 1957 Elvis Presley Enterprises Elvis Presley Doll in rare original box (Estimated $7,000-10,000)
- 1971 Elvis Presley Signed Martial Arts Card with fingerprints (Estimated $5,000-7,500)
- Elvis Presley’s Personal Walther Model PPK/S 9mm Kurz Handgun ornately engraved “Elvis” and “TCB (Estimated $100,000–125,000)
Each and every lot in this auction has been thoroughly researched and certified by Graceland Authenticated, the authority in Elvis and pop culture authentication. Graceland Authenticated provides bidders with the peace of mind that the artifact they are buying is what it claims to be. Every lot in this auction is accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Graceland Authenticated, so you can bid with confidence.
Information You Need to Know
- Live Auction at Graceland Archives Studio
- Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. Central Time, 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Register for The Auction at Graceland Online Anytime
- Online Bidding Begins July 27, 2015 at GracelandAuctions.com
- Artifacts can be viewed at The Elvis Presley Automobile Museum from July 21 – August 13, 2015, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time (Special ticket is required for admission if not taking the tour.)
- A selection of highlights are currently on view at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Live Event Ticket Purchase and Paddle Pick-Up
- Admission to the Live Auction event is by ticket only.
- Available at the Graceland Ticket Pavilion on Thursday, August 13, 2015 between 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time
- You must be registered to reserve a paddle to bid in the live event.
- Once registered, please email email@example.com to reserve a paddle.